Sunday, January 16, 2011

Australian flood coverage

The flood waters are starting to recede a bit in Australia in the wake of the historic flooding there, but the effects of this disaster is still on the forefront of much of the media coverage in Oz.

Regular GlobalNet contributor, Kelly, AE4FG in Raleigh, NC, sent us a link this week to ABC Brisbane, which has had nearly non-stop coverage of the flood and recovery efforts.

"My wife mentioned the Australian floods to me yesterday, in Brisbane and I quickly checked TuneIn Radio on my iPod Touch and found ABC Brisbane.  Every time I tune in, they are interviewing somebody about the flood.  Something similar to the hurricane coverage that we get here in North Carolina.  Here's an example of what they are dealing with.  A video of the flood from an office building:  http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/incredible-images-of-australia-flooding-23824222.  It seems like all of the action monitoring is happening "down under" these days. "
 The floods are now spreading to the state of Victoria, with thousands of residents there being forced to evacuate.  There are a limited number of streaming radio stations from Victoria, and none of the stations I listened to during a recent listening session were carrying any coverage of the floods, but they might bare observation over the next few days, just in case.  You can find the stations, along with links to their streams at the RadioTime Web site.  (HINT:  If you can't get the stream to work through the RadioTime player, go to the station Website and try using theirs.)

If you find any other streams with Australian flood coverage, shoot it to me at my email address:  loyd@globalnetmt.com, and I will be sure to post it here on the blog.

73s

Loyd